[jcifs] Timeout waiting for response from server

holger.doerl at web.de holger.doerl at web.de
Tue Apr 16 06:46:40 EST 2002

I've tried a program which I've written which scans our hole intranet. On my suse everything works
fine. But if I try the program on mandrake, which works as router and has an DSL-internetconnection
the trouble starts. If a local IP is unreachable than the thread wait some minutes and the following
exception occurs:

Timeout waiting for response from server. 0.0.0.0<00>/192.168.107.1

or (with log and german message)

Apr 15 22:13:54.977 - smb negotiation warning
 requesting negotiation with 0.0.0.0<00>/192.168.81.84
Thread-0 Could not connect Host! VM reports: jcifs.smb.SmbException: Die Wartezeit für die
Verbindung ist abgelaufen

On my Suse-Workstation the operation stops after 5 seconds and the following exception appears:

Thread-0 checking 192.168.81.84
Thread-0 Could not connect Host! VM reports: jcifs.smb.SmbException: operation interrupted

I tried all possible client properties  but on mandrake the thread wait a long time. Has anybody an
idea what I can do that jcisf skipped  these unreachable IPs ?????

Thxs ......