[jcifs] Using jcifs to validate users against NT

Gabriel Lawrence gabe at landq.org
Wed Apr 3 14:12:18 EST 2002

On Tue, 2002-04-02 at 17:18, Allen, Michael B (RSCH) wrote:
> 	I would be insterested in including this sort of thing in the distribution provided the
> 	code was sane. It has always been my intention to create some kind of jcifs.Toolkit
> 	class for this kind of thing. Your code might be a very nice intermediate for people
> 	until we can get DCE/RPC working (if we ever do). Please tell me were I can find
> 	information about the authentication mechanism if it is specific to IE.

I'd be really excited to see this as part of JCIFS...

First NTLM was a MSFT only thing for a while (I think the latest
mozillas have started to do it, but thats just a fuzzy memory so I have
no idea if its true or just a wild fantasy ;-)

Overview of all authentications supported by IIS (We are talking about
Integrated Windows Autentication):

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vsent7/html/vxconIISAuthentication.asp

And here's a nice doc with details of how it works:

http://www.innovation.ch/java/ntlm.html

-gabe