[jcifs] SmbException Supercedes boolean?

Rob Wygand rob at wygand.com
Tue Oct 30 04:39:25 EST 2001

Mike,

I recently encountered this, and I think it's best to return void.  We
had some functions that returned boolean, but always threw exceptions on
errors, and what we found was that some people caught the exceptions and
did nothing with them, only using the return value of the function.
This, obviously, caused confusion and errors. It's just a much clearer
contract when void is returned.

rjw