SV: [jcifs] BFS vs DFS

Torgny Johansson torgny.johansson at kommun.ljungby.se
Thu Jul 26 18:52:43 EST 2001

What is the best thing to do then?
I've written a crawler that just lists all the computers in the workgroups
from top to bottom (currently not threaded) and it takes very long time to
do a full "crawl". About 11 hours for 430 pcs (far from every pc have
shares) and that seems all too long. My code probably (read most
certainly...) not optimized, so briefly; which is the way to go to create an
efficient crawler?

Thanks
Torgny Johansson