[jcifs] Re: Where can I find a completer library "jcifs smb client library .. ."

Michael B. Allen mballen at erols.com
Thu Jul 26 16:52:26 EST 2001

On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 07:22:23PM +0200, Stockmann Thomas wrote:
> Hello Mr. Allen,
>
> I´ve did LAN-analysing and found several "error codes" from the SMB-protocol
> on LAN.
> Some ErrorCodes will still translated from the analyzer, but the most are
> unknown.
>
> You have written a library
> http://auditorymodels.org/jcifs/src/src/jcifs/smb/SmbException.java
<snip>

So you are asking for a more complete list of error codes for
SmbException?

I would like to leave out the less common error codes because it simply
wastes space and is never seen. A complete list of codes and their text
purposes I recommend that you add all of the codes you need to the
SmbException class yourself. You can obtain this list from the msdn
website. I found this list once but have since lost it. You can also
obtain most codes from the CIFS specification here:

http://ubiqx.org/cifs/rfc-draft/draft-leach-cifs-v1-spec-02.html

Using a simple perl script, awk, sed, or perhaps just vi you could
dynamically generate the relevant portion of the swtich statement.

If you do this, perhaps you would be willing to send it to me too? If
you really feel helpfull perhaps you could use a ResourceBundle and add
German text responses :~)