[jcifs] Spaces in Share names.

Rob Wygand rob at filefish.com
Fri Dec 21 16:02:45 EST 2001

Allen, Michael B (RSCH) wrote:

> 	That's DCE/RPC over named pipes. I'm workin' on it but it's not going to
> 	happen soon.

Right, that much I know...

> 	You should try a client that doesn't support DCE/RPC calls against the
> 	Win2K box. Like maybe Win98/95/smbclient/smbfs and see how they
> 	handle it.

I'll try and dig up an archaic machine that runs 98 ;) smbclient/smbfs
also do not get returned the shares with spaces in the names.

I tried one other thing... sniffing Win2K I was that it sent a bunch of
possible version strings in the  post-session configuration request (I
forget it's name, the one where you send "NT LM 1.0"). I modified the
request to send everything that Win2K was. but that didn't help, alas.

rjw