[jcifs] Spaces in Share names.

Allen, Michael B (RSCH) Michael_B_Allen at ml.com
Fri Dec 21 16:33:27 EST 2001

	Those are "dialect" strings. "NT LM 1.0" is the latest as far as I know. The strange thing
	is that the protocol has changed significantly enough to warrant a new dialect string.
	Win98 also negotiates "NT LM 1.0" and it doesn't have all the NT Smbs and
	transactions. Instead they have a separate flag called NTSMBS or something. Anyway,
	the dialect strings are definitely not going to help us with this. I think it's pretty clear
	that the RAPs (e.g. NetServerEnum2 and NetShareEnum) we're using now were
	abandoned by MS a long time ago so we need to get up to speed with Win2K.

	We need DCE/RPC. There's a book by one of the Samba TNG guys called "DCE/RPC
	over SMB: Samba and Windows NT Domain Internals" by Luke Kenneth Casson
	Leighton. He's actually posted here a few times. Anyway, I have this book and I'm
	reading right now. My interest was the NetLogon process (this would help Kammy I
	think BTW) but the svrsvc pipe does the share and server enumeration you saw with
	Win2k. It's doable but everything is encrypted and I need to implement the Network
	Data Representation (NDR), all of the Microsoft-isms are TOTALLY undocumented,
	I have to read the opengroup docs, etc, etc ....

	It is non-trivial. But I probably would not do it if it were.