[distcc] Alternatives to -j parallel

Łukasz Tasz lukasz at tasz.eu
Tue Sep 6 08:42:22 UTC 2016

Could you please describe more what you would like to achieve?
-j does net decide it compilation will be done with distcc or not,
-j must take into consideration how many distcc agent you have.

you have two dimensions, one is if distcc should be used, and second is
about parallelism.
first dimension is controlled in build system, second can be controlled by
build system, a but also may be limited by distcc.

localslots and localslots_cpp controls parallelism from distcc point of
view.

regards
Lukasz

Łukasz Tasz