[distcc] pump mode turing back to normal mode

yudhistir reddy yudhistir.reddy at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 00:59:43 MDT 2014

Hi,

I would like to see my complete build on pump mode . So for  how many
errors it throws during build (can't distribute error) but  it should not
be turned back to normal mode .

Now I see  if 4 failure(not able to distribute) happens  then its giving
below warning message

distcc[27510] (dcc_note_discrepancy) Warning: now using plain distcc,
possibly due to inconsistent file system changes during build
distcc[24936] (dcc_note_discrepancy) Warning: now using plain distcc,
possibly due to inconsistent file system changes during build

During build , i donot do any change .

I set this DISTCC_MAX_DISCREPANCY=50 . But still no use .

I see warning likes
distcc[28778] (dcc_please_send_email_after_investigation) Warning: remote
compilation of '../../../../../../A/B/main.c' failed, retried locally and
got a different result.

But no file change so why this kind of warnings . All machines i use is
having same version of OS .

Any help on this much appreciated .

Regards
Yudhistir