[distcc] IPv6 support in distccd?

Fergus Henderson fergus at google.com
Thu Jun 9 12:44:25 MDT 2011

You need to configure distcc with --enable-rfc2553 for IPv6 support.

Then the syntax should be just standard IPv6 address syntax,
e.g. see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIDR_notation.

The relevant function is dcc_parse_mask() in src/access.c
(and dcc_check_address()).

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 12:39 PM, Vanush Misha <misha at cs.nuim.ie> wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> I couldn't figure out how to use IPv6 addresses with the --allow option
> of distccd. It is not documented at all. I don't want to use avahi
> zeroconf option, just want to allow a single IPv6 IP address to
> connect. I thought I ask on this list before diving into the source
> codes.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Misha.
>
> --
> Vanush "Misha" Paturyan
> Senior Technical Officer
> Computer Science Department
> NUI Maynooth
>
> __

Fergus Henderson <fergus at google.com>

"Defend the user, exclude no one, and create magic." -- Eric Schmidt.