[distcc] Compiling kernel

Michal Nazarewicz mina86 at mina86.com
Fri Apr 29 04:06:45 MDT 2011

On Fri, 29 Apr 2011 01:26:16 +0200, Martin Pool <mbp at canonical.com> wrote:
> distcc certainly used to work with the kernel.  I guess the use of -xc
> may be a new addition upstream if nothing gets compiled at all.  It
> would be possible to teach distcc how to handle -x, it's just not done
> yet.
>
> This command you quote seems to be saying "please compile, as C, the
> contents of /dev/null."  I guess it is doing this as some kind of
> configuration test of the compiler and this command is not typical of
> the actual compiler invocations.  If you see just one of these, it's
> harmless.  If every command is failing this way, post an example where
> it's trying to build actual C code.

Actually I thought over a few days with this issue and somehow got it
fixed -- sorry for not getting back to you guys.  I'm not even sure
what helped -- at one point everything just started working.

Thanks.

--
Best regards,                                         _     _
.o. | Liege of Serenely Enlightened Majesty of      o' \,=./ `o