[distcc] distcc fails: still in backoff period

Daniel Klaffenbach danielklaffenbach at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 18:49:33 GMT 2009

Am Montag 16 Februar 2009 20:54:59 schrieb Fergus Henderson:
> We still don't have enough information.
> Try running the build, then when it fails either wait one minute, or do the
> rm commands that you did before,
>
> (but do NOT remove all the temporary build directories)
> and then try the build again - hopefully the second time around, it won't
> re-run the configuration steps.
Thanks for your reply. This is what I have noticed:
- during the initial configuration (cmake) something fails and the
"backoff_tcp" file is being created
- when I remove the "backoff_tcp_dk.home.local" file after the build
configuration is done  (when the actual build process starts) distcc starts
sending out files for compilation again

In case you need it, I uploaded the debug-log from the distcc server
(dk.home.local):
http://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~klada/misc/distcc.log

Now, is there a way to disable the "backoff" mechanism? I have created a
script which checks for "backoff_tcp*" files every five seconds and removes
them. I know this is _extremely_ ugly, but it works for me ;)

- Daniel