[distcc] distcc fails: still in backoff period

Daniel Klaffenbach danielklaffenbach at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 10:24:46 GMT 2009

Am Montag 16 Februar 2009 10:35:27 schrieb Martin Pool:
> This still doesn't contain the original message that caused
> dk.home.local to be disliked.  Clear the relevant file out of the
> distcc directory and try again.
I removed all tempoarary build directories and did a
rm -rf /root/.distcc
rm -rf /var/tmp/portage/.distcc

But the log still does not seem to show any relevant information:
http://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~klada/misc/webkit-build2.log

This is the content of /var/tmp/portage/.distcc/lock/ after the build:
laptop ~ # ls /var/tmp/portage/.distcc/lock/
backoff_tcp_dk.home.local_3632_0  cpu_localhost_0  cpu_localhost_1
cpu_tcp_dk.home.local_3632_0

Is it possible to let distcc produce even more verbose messages? The ones I
get right now do not seem to be very informative. What does backoff period
actually mean?

Still any ideas what could be wrong?

Thanks,
Daniel