[distcc] distcc 3.0 release candidate 3

Fergus Henderson fergus at google.com
Fri Aug 1 04:36:46 GMT 2008

Hi,

I've packaged up distcc-3.0rc3.  It's available at <http://distcc.org>,
which now points to <http://code.google.com/p/distcc>.
Compared to rc2, this has some bug fixes and portability improvements.

I'm hoping that this will be the final release candidate, i.e. that the final
distcc 3.0 release will be identical to distcc 3.0rc3, modulo the
version number.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback on this release candidate!
The sooner I get some feedback, the sooner we can make the 3.0 release.

Here's the relevant part of the NEWS file for this release:

  FEATURES:

   * New "--without-avahi" option to configure (Lei Zhang).

  BUG FIXES:

   * Fixed a problem where pump mode was falling back to local compilation
     when compiling with -I options that refer to a subdirectory of one
     of the default system include directories (Nils Klarlund, Fergus
Henderson).

   * Allow distcc to distribute commands that use "-MF<filename>"
     rather than "-MF <filename>", and likewise for "-MT<target>".

  PORTABILITY:

   * Fixed a build problem on ARM and Solaris systems.

   * Fixed a build problem on some Linux systems reported by Daisuke Nishikawa.

   * Fixed failure of "make install" on Cygwin.

Cheers,
  Fergus.

--

Fergus Henderson <fergus at google.com>