[distcc] start distccd

Fergus Henderson fergus at google.com
Wed Jul 9 18:45:46 GMT 2008

On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 9:38 PM, Yunior Peralta González <yperaltag at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all, I'm new with distcc and I downloaded distcc 3.0rc2 both client
> and server.
>
> Can anyone tell me how to start the server?

Which OS are you using?

I typed the following line in the terminal:
> distccd --daemon --listen 10.5.4.07 --allow 10.5.0.0/24

but I think it does not work because I try to connect from another machine
> (10.5.4.06) and I receive an error (connection reset by peer).

You probably don't need the "--listen 10.5.4.07" option; you only need that
if your machine has more than one IP address.

Otherwise your command looks fine.

Try using the --verbose option to distccd, and either also use --log-stderr
or look in the /var/log/syslog file (e.g. "sudo grep distcc
/var/log/syslog").

--
Fergus Henderson <fergus at google.com>