[distcc] Miscompilation with -march=native

Maks Verver m.verver at student.utwente.nl
Tue Feb 5 17:08:54 GMT 2008

Hi Martin,

On Monday 04 February 2008 03:39:56 Martin Pool wrote:
> I agree, distcc should probably at least run these jobs locally, and
> maybe print a message to tell you so.  Im not so sure about rewriting
> them.

Yes, rewriting them is probably too hard to do reliably. Simply forcing jobs
with -march=native or -mtune=native to run locally is easy enough; I've added
a patch that does just that, which I tested locally.

Note that -mtune=native does not result in broken binaries, but it may result
in code that is optimized for a different cpu than specified, so it's
probably best to run jobs with this option locally as well.

Kind regards,
Maks Verver.