[distcc] Warning: failed to distribute

Harish Kumar (RBIN/ECM2) Harish.Kumar at in.bosch.com
Wed Jan 9 13:14:20 GMT 2008

Hi All,
I have set up the hosts in my laptop using xen...
1 Host OS (RHEL5)and
2 Guest OS (RHEL5)

I have installed distcc in all the systems(Host and guest os's)...
2 guests are running with distcc server daemon.
And the host is running in distcc client mode...

When I did compilation for linux kernel, it says me with the following error message...

Warning: failed to distribute, running locally instead

I am able to ping and connect via ssh to those 2 guest OS's....
So which means there is no problem with networking....
I have also configured the hosts(config file for distcc) file for distcc by adding only guest os's IP address

Kindly help me in solving out the problem...

Regards
Harish Kumar Selvaraj