Fwd: [distcc] Compiling DistCC under MinGW with MSYS

Duncan McQueen dwmcqueen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 12:57:50 GMT 2007

Older message....

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Laine Stump <laine+distcc at laine.org>
Date: Jan 8, 2007 9:25 AM
Subject: Re: [distcc] Compiling DistCC under MinGW with MSYS
To: Duncan McQueen <dwmcqueen at gmail.com>
Cc: laine+distcc at laine.org

Beyond that, the distcc source makes use of fork() and exec(), which
are not available with the mingw/windows library (they are available
under cygwin, which is why you can easily build distcc with the cygwin gcc).

I made a half-hearted attempt once to replace fork/exec with
CreateProcess(), which didn't work, but I was using the cygwin
compiler at the time, and the errors I was getting were, I think,
related to trying to mix calls to native Windows functions with calls
to the cygwin posix emulation API. Your message reminds me that I
never tried to build it under mingw. In a few weeks I might get the
time to try that. In the meantime, if you're successful, I'd be happy
to hear about it!