[distcc] how to make distcc work with make file and none-default location of g++ compiler?

Michael Casadevall sonicmctails at aol.com
Wed Jan 31 06:48:04 GMT 2007

It sounds like its a having trouble working with the remote distcc
server. It looks like your compiling for a 64-bit platform - it would
greatly help if I can have more information on your full setup. I've
seen broken pipe if distcc bombs abnormally on either machine, or
your make is broken (possible with some older versions of BSD Make).
Also, if you manually run distcc (running each command by hand) does
it still bomb, and does make -n complete successfully. Some info
would really be useful; Namely:

Version of Make
Build system (Linux/BSD/etc) on both the host/target
gcc -v 's output
Version of distcc on both machines,
DISTCC_HOSTS
Connection between the hosts