[distcc] DistCC / Multicast

Lennart Poettering mzqvfgpp at 0pointer.de
Tue Feb 7 16:47:06 GMT 2006

On Tue, 07.02.06 20:59, Stuart Longland (redhatter at gentoo.org) wrote:

> This would be a better, IMHO, way to use UDP multicast; dynamic distcc
> service discovery.  Perhaps it's worth looking into putting support for
> ZeroConf mDNS into a distcc-discovery system?

Actually I already posted such a patch to the distcc ML.

http://lists.samba.org/archive/distcc/2005q4/003183.html

It adds Zeroconf support through mDNS/DNS-SD using Avahi.

I didn't get any response to this, but would like to see this
merged. Martin, would you be willing to merge it? What can I do to get
it merged into official distcc?

Avahi is part of Fedora, Mandriva, Debian, Ubuntu, Gentoo these days,
so it's pretty well available everywhere.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering; lennart [at] poettering [dot] net
ICQ# 11060553; GPG 0x1A015CC4; http://0pointer.net/lennart/