[distcc] remote distcc

nadim nadim at khemir.net
Sat Sep 24 08:52:52 GMT 2005

On Friday 23 September 2005 21:35, nixo wrote:
>      I'm working on a peer to peer platform on which people can write
> applications for the use of anybody who wants or is interested in
> sharing their cpu free time with the community.

The security problem is _you_.

What if you patch gcc to inject a virus, backdoor, whatever malign code you
can think of?

Get me right, I'm sure you're a nice guy but what you are proposing, though
very nice, will never be used by anyone with a half working brain.

Still the system you are describing can be usefulll if you have a community of
trusted providers that you can gurantee. This is the system we are planning
to use in our little group. We all use gentoo and doe that stuff want to
compile often! multiplying the cpus by four would be great.

Cheers, Nadim.