[distcc] distcc zeroconf patch issues

Nathan Caldwell saintdev at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 01:01:37 GMT 2005

I was testing out the distcc zeroconf patch that's in cvs here:
http://archzoom.sourcecontrol.net/archzoom.cgi/mbp@sourcefrog.net--2004/distcc--devel--2--patch-158/patches/howl-mdns.diff?diff=2

My problem is that distccd doesn't seem to compile with howl support.
The client seems to be fine and lists both the --show-hosts, and -j
options in the help, and both appear to work.

The server (distccd), however doesn't seem to get howl enabled when
it's compiled. The --zeroconf switch that is enabled when HAVE_HOWL is
defined is not shown in the usage, and 'distccd --zeroconf' returns:

distccd: ERROR: --zeroconf: unknown option

Anyone know why this would be?

-Nathan