[distcc] Re: FreeBSD Masqerade mode issues

Jean Delvare khali at linux-fr.org
Tue May 31 14:44:25 GMT 2005

Hi Chris,

> > What happens when you try to compile something?
>
> It compiles, but when I check with 'dstccmon-text 1' on all machines I
> don't see any jobs.

Remember that you should run distccmon-* on the machine you are running
the compilation jobs FROM, not on the ones actually compiling the code.
This might be a little confusing at first, but this is the way distcc
was designed and it makes perfect sense if you think about it:
monitoring a given build would be a real pain if you had to log
individually on all machines in the compilation farm!

Hope that helps,
--
Jean Delvare