[distcc] gkrellm build dislikes my cxgcc distcc host

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Wed May 25 08:41:41 GMT 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-24 at 11:26 -0400, Ryan Churches wrote:

> > cc -Wall -O2 -I.. `pkg-config --cflags gtk+-2.0 gthread-2.0`
> > -DENABLE_NLS -DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/share/locale\" main.o alerts.o
> > battery.o base64.o clock.o cpu.o disk.o fs.o hostname.o inet.o
> mail.o
> > mem.o net.o proc.o sensors.o uptime.o chart.o panel.o config.o gui.o
> > krell.o plugins.o pixops.o smbdes.o smbencrypt.o smbmd4.o smbutil.o
> > client.o utils.o winops-x11.o sysdeps-unix.o deprecated.o md5c.o -o
> > gkrellm `pkg-config --libs gtk+-2.0 gthread-2.0`  -L/usr/X11R6/lib
> > -lSM -lICE  -lssl -lcrypto -Wl,-E
> > main.o(.text+0x90): In function `gkrellm_motion':
> > : undefined reference to `gkrellm_winop_flush_motion_events'
> > main.o(.text+0x5dd): In function `gkrellm_pack_side_frames':
> > : undefined reference to `gkrellm_scale_piximage_to_pixmap'
>
> and it continues with a hundred or so more undefined references.

It seems unlikely that undefined symbol errors would be caused by any
problem in cross-compiling.  I suspect perhaps a makefile bug that
causes a race condition or different compilation options, and it is just
coincidental that it happens when you use the Cygwin machine.  You can
track down the bug, if you want, by working out which file defines those
functions and why they're not getting linked in.