[distcc] Cygwin and DISTCC: how do i point cygwin's distcc to the crosscompiler?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Fri May 20 17:47:39 GMT 2005

Ryan Churches wrote:
> anyway, just like you said, adding the PATH of the crosscompiler made
> the "file not found" errors go away.
>
> now i just gotta figure out while my compiles are still failing,
> saying things like  "unknown option -pthread" or "unknown option -fno
> stack-protection."

The -pthread option is implemented as a macro in the specs file, e.g.

$ grep pthread /opt/crosstool/i386-unknown-linux-gnu/gcc-3.4.3-glibc-2.3.4/lib/gcc/i386-unknown-linux-gnu/3.4.3/specs
%{posix:-D_POSIX_SOURCE} %{pthread:-D_REENTRANT}
%{pthread:-lpthread}    %{shared:-lc}    %{!shared:%{mieee-fp:-lieee} %{profile:-lc_p}%{!profile:-lc}}

If you don't have that, something's quite wrong.  Maybe you're invoking
the native cygwin compiler instead of the one you built.  Are
you sure the compiler in question is i686-pc-unknown-linux-gcc
and not, say, just plain gcc?

The -fno-stack-protection option is added by a patch,
http://www.trl.ibm.com/projects/security/ssp/
If you want that, you'll have to drop it into the patches/gcc-3.4.3
directory of crosstool after adjusting it to apply with
-p1 instead of -p0.  I haven't tried that myself; you'll
need to understand the 'patch' program to do it; see
http://kegel.com/academy/opensource.html
- Dan