[distcc] multiple input/output files

Dobes Vandermeer dobesv at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 23:05:00 GMT 2005

Making the patch for distcc to support a different set of compiler
switches was pretty easy.  However, to really support the microsoft
toolchain you need to be able to handle multiple output files from the
compile, like .pdb, .ilk, and .sbr files.

Has anyone thought of a patch to support this?  I suspect it is simple
a matter of replacing a bunch of places where a single output file is
handled and handling a list (perhaps a char** plus an int length, or a
null-terminated char **, or I could define a struct for it).

What would be the most "distcc-like" way of implementing this?