[distcc] Error "Transport endpoint is not connected"

Jean Delvare khali at linux-fr.org
Thu Feb 10 15:00:44 GMT 2005

On 2/10/2005, "Koehler, Thomas" wrote:

> I try to use distcc with two windows-maschines, one NT4 and one with
> Win98. The Win98-PC is a compile-server running the distcc-daemon.
> "distccd" is started on the compile-server, its log-file says it's
> listening to 0.0.0.0:3632 and 3 processes named "distccd" are created.
>
> After starting the compiling via 'make CC="distcc ccpentium" -j4' on the
> NT-PC, distcc tries to distribute some files to be compiled on the Win98
> machine, but this fails with the error message:
>
> "(dcc_writex) ERROR: failed to write: Transport endpoint is not  connected"
>
> Why can't the NT-PC connect with the Win98 machine ?

Remember that you need to run distccd on both machines, not just the
compile-server. Your local distcc client will connect to the local
distccd daemon, which itself will connect to the remote distccd. The
local distcc client cannot connect to the remote server directly. At
least this is how I understood it.

HTH,
--
Jean Delvare