[distcc] Problem with distccmon-gnome 2.18

ncrfgs ncrfgs at tin.it
Fri Oct 15 14:38:24 GMT 2004

On Fri, Oct 15, 2004 at 03:40:20PM +0200, Tom Van Laerhoven wrote:
> > I just installed distcc 2.18 and have a problem with distccmon-gnome. I
> > compiled distcc with --with-gtk (NOT --with-gnome).
> >
> > When I start a compilation, everything's fine. However, when the
> > compilation ends, I repeatedly see this GTK+ error:
> >
> > (distccmon-gnome:12762): Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtktreemodel.c: line 1185
> > (gtk_tree_model_row_changed): assertion `path != NULL' failed
> >
> > This seems to be triggered by slots not having anything to display. The
> > messages appear by packets of 4, and I happen to have 4 compilation
> > slots. I have to close distccmon-gnome to end the storm.
> >
> > The same problem happens on all of my systems, but it isn't really
> > relevant since they are very similar (Slackware 9.1). I didn't have the
> > problem with 2.17.

I have a bunch of the following messages, too. But I have them during all the
distributed compilation process (I can see them flowing in the terminal I
launch distcc from) and also with the 2.17 version. I compiled distcc with
--witch-gkt and not --with-gnome, too.

  (distccmon-gnome:11267): Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtktreemodel.c: line 1351 (gtk_tree_model_row_changed): assertion `path != NULL' failed

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.
--
Value your freedom, or you will lose it, teaches history.
``Don't bother us with politics,'' respond those who don't

 -- Richard M. Stallman
    http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/linux-gnu-freedom.html