[distcc] building distcc 2.18 on Irix

Martin Pool martinpool at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 02:37:43 GMT 2004

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 11:54:43 +0200, Dimitri Papadopoulos-Orfanos
<papadopo at www.nospam.fr> wrote:

> cc-1116 cc: WARNING File = src/pump.c, Line = 75
>    Non-void function "dcc_r_bulk" (declared at line 60) should return a
> value.
>
>    }
>    ^

OK, I replaced rs_fatal() with a regular error.

> cc-1185 cc: WARNING File = src/dopt.c, Line = 220
>    An enumerated type is mixed with another type.
>
>                        rs_trace_set_level(level);
>                                           ^

> The return value issues can be fixed by removing the last "else" or
> similar trick.
>
> About the type mix up, I don't know. It seems the types used by
> rs_trace_set_level and rs_loglevel_from_name are not consitent.

They're not used strictly as enumerated types, but rather as bitmasks.
 I think that works OK when they're promoted to ints, aside from the
warning.  Maybe they should be #defined or defined as const ints
rather than as enums.