[distcc] building distcc 2.18 on Irix

Dimitri Papadopoulos-Orfanos papadopo at www.NOSPAM.fr
Tue Oct 12 09:54:43 GMT 2004

Hi,

I got a few warnings while building distcc 2.17 on Irix using the
MIPSpro 7.3.1.3 compiler, after adding
	#include <sys/types.h>
to src/distcc.h as described in my previous Solaris 8 build report.

cc-1204 cc: WARNING File = src/distcc.h, Line = 204
   The indicated declaration is not visible outside of the function.

                      struct timeval *before,
                             ^

cc-1116 cc: WARNING File = src/pump.c, Line = 75
   Non-void function "dcc_r_bulk" (declared at line 60) should return a
value.

   }
   ^

cc-1185 cc: WARNING File = src/dopt.c, Line = 220
   An enumerated type is mixed with another type.

                       rs_trace_set_level(level);
                                          ^

cc-1116 cc: WARNING File = src/dparent.c, Line = 146
   Non-void function "dcc_standalone_server" (declared at line 93)
should return
           a value.

   }
   ^

The "struct timeval" issue can be fixed by adding to src/distcc.h
	#include <sys/time.h>

The return value issues can be fixed by removing the last "else" or
similar trick.

About the type mix up, I don't know. It seems the types used by
rs_trace_set_level and rs_loglevel_from_name are not consitent.

--
Dimitri Papadopoulos