[distcc] Re: Distcc crashes Linux (Intel e1000 ethernet driver?)

Mikko Huhtala mhuhtala at abo.fi
Sun Aug 15 14:37:56 GMT 2004

Martin Pool writes:
 > Right.  With both mmap and sendfile turned off I don't think there are
 > any zerocopy operations taking place though, so that's why I am afraid
 > it might be a different bug.

The patch applies cleanly to the Fedora Core 1 kernel 2.4.22-1.2199
and fixes the problem when using either e1000 or 3c59x. Since changing
the distcc environment variable settings did not help, it seems like
distcc triggers the bug even with mmap and sendfile turned off.

The latest FC1 update has a number of things backported from
2.4.27. Too bad they did not include this one.

Mikko