[distcc] Re: Distcc crashes Linux (Intel e1000 ethernet driver?)

Mikko Huhtala mhuhtala at abo.fi
Sun Aug 15 10:33:09 GMT 2004

Martin Pool writes:
 > Right.  With both mmap and sendfile turned off I don't think there are
 > any zerocopy operations taking place though, so that's why I am afraid
 > it might be a different bug.

I do get the crashes on both e1000 and 3c59x with the environment
variables set, which leads me to suspect that the buggy code path in
the kernel is executed even with the variables.

The patch is merged in 2.4.27. I'm not sure about 2.4.26. I'll see if
it can be applied in the Fedora kernel, that should tell whether the
distcc settings actually avoid the bug.

Mikko