[distcc] win32 cygwin compilation for linux

Andrew Sasak sasakand at msu.edu
Thu Aug 12 00:36:07 GMT 2004

I am new to installing and maintaining Linux. I am going to tinker with an
old 200 MHz Pentium and plan to install gentoo on it. I see that distcc
works with cygwin. Is it possible, stable, and wise to use distcc on cygwin
on a windows machine to help compile packages for my Linux machine. I tried
searching this newsgroup and it seems possible because I read about an
effort build a standalone discc system for windows. Is there anywhere that I
can read about how to set up what I want to do?