[distcc] Re: more intelligent handling of local jobs

Jeff rustysawdust at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 11 15:42:53 GMT 2004

Martin Pool wrote:
> distcc should already use its lock files to limit the number of jobs
> run on localhost.  This only applies when the linker is invoked via
> distcc though.  If it's run just as "ld" then there's nothing distcc
> can do.

This isn't working for me with 2.17. I verified that my link line is using "g++"
and "which g++" reports "/usr/lib/distcc/g++". I have "localhost/1" in my
~.distcc/hosts file. Am I missing something else? Do I have to be running the
server daemon on localhost in order for it to limit the jobs?

-- Jeff