[distcc] more intelligent handling of local jobs

James Ahlborn james.ahlborn at med.ge.com
Thu Aug 5 13:26:29 GMT 2004

hey,
has anyone contemplated changing how distcc handles local jobs?  basically, i'm
running my compiles now at about -j8.  this works great for all the compilation,
but absolutely dies when i get to linking (when there is more than one link
job), because suddenly multiple link jobs are being run on my local box, and
things slow down to a crawl.  just wondering if distcc could instead serialize
certain types of local jobs which could be very resource intensive, such as
linking.  thoughts?
-james