[distcc] distcc and cl.exe (MS Visual compiler)

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Sat Jun 12 00:06:10 GMT 2004

On 11 Jun 2004, Frederic Paolucci <fpaolucci at call.fr> wrote:

> In my previous post in this newsgroup, I failed to compile a project for
> Trimedia processor using tmcc.exe compiler.

distcc 2.x is only designed to work with GNU gcc.

I would like to make it more general in a future release, by putting
all the intelligence about the compiler into a client-side module or
skin.

If you are keen to help, a good way would be to describe in text what
is special about your compiler.  Try preprocessing and compiling
separately by hand and see if it works; see if there are any
limitations.  (e.g. Sun cc apparently can't do C++ templates in this
mode.)