[distcc] distcc and cl.exe (MS Visual compiler)

Frederic Paolucci fpaolucci at call.fr
Fri Jun 11 14:49:30 GMT 2004

Hello again,

In my previous post in this newsgroup, I failed to compile a project for
Trimedia processor using tmcc.exe compiler.

I would really appreciate to see distcc working under my PC... Then I tried
to compile another big project under Windows (using cygwin) that was using
cl.exe.

Unfortunately cl.exe does not support the -c and -o options (it uses /Fo
instead of -o and it returns an error when using -c).
Is there a way to make distcc work with cl.exe? IMHO, distcc seems to be too
much "gcc-centric" and the only way to make distcc work with specific
compilers (cl.exe or tmcc.exe) is to modify source code
(dcc_scan_args()...).

Regards,
Frédéric Paolucci

Call Image