[distcc] distcc only listens on v6 with --enable-rfc2553?

Jeff Rizzo riz+distcc at boogers.sf.ca.us
Wed May 12 06:32:24 GMT 2004

On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 04:26:14PM +1000, Martin Pool wrote:
> On 11 May 2004, Jeff Rizzo <riz+distcc at boogers.sf.ca.us> wrote:
> > On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 12:10:49PM +1000, Martin Pool wrote:
> > > On 11 May 2004, Jeff Rizzo <riz+distcc at boogers.sf.ca.us> wrote:

> > If it can listen on one socket and accept both v4 and v6 connections,
> > great, but it's definitely *not* working now... netstat shows a
> > tcp6 listener on *.3632, but nothing for tcp.  I'll post a query
> > on the appropriate NetBSD mailing list to see if it's supposed to
> > work this way, or if there's some other magic that needs doing.
>
> If there is such a limit, for whatever reason, you might be able to
> say something like
>
>  --listen 0.0.0.0

Yes, that works for accepting v4 connections only.

> Do you actually want to mix IPv6 and IPv4 connections?  In fact, if
> not, why not just build without rfc2553.

Yes, I would like to mix the connections.  Practically speaking,
there's ways I could work around it, and few situations where I'd
need to do both at the same time, but now that I've learned I *can't*
do it, my contrariness is kicking in.  :)  If/when I get some patches
together, I'll be happy to either post them or maintain them locally.

--
Jeff Rizzo                                         http://boogers.sf.ca.us/~riz