[distcc] Changing compiler name to thumb-epoc-pe-gcc

Alexander.Farber at nokia.com Alexander.Farber at nokia.com
Fri Feb 13 08:57:40 GMT 2004

Hi, thanks for you reply, but -

sorry I've omitted few details:

On the client side I have Windows and Cygwin (so making soft links
is not possible) and the Symbian OS build system is unfortunately
not Makefiles, but a set of batch files and perl scripts which call
"gcc" for one platform (ARM) and "thumb-epoc-pe-gcc" for another
(THUMB; several platforms are targeted by one build).

On the server side I have six RedHat Linux PC's on which I've compiled
distcc and the same cross-platform "gcc" and "thumb-epoc-pe-gcc":

boclu21:afarber {60} /usr/local/symbian/bin/gcc -v
Reading specs from
/usr/local/symbian/lib/gcc-lib/arm-epoc-pe/2.9-psion-98r2/specs
gcc version 2.9-psion-98r2 (Symbian build 546)

boclu21:afarber {61} /usr/local/symbian/bin/thumb-epoc-pe-gcc -v
Reading specs from
/usr/local/symbian/lib/gcc-lib/thumb-epoc-pe/2.9-psion-98r2/specs
gcc version 2.9-psion-98r2 (Symbian build 546)

So let me repeat my question please:

On the client side I can change (by editing the perl scripts)
the calls to "gcc" and "thumb-epoc-pe-gcc" to "distcc gcc" and/or
"distcc thumb-epoc-pe-gcc" - if needed. What could I do make it
work with distcc on the server side?

There are more calls to "thumb-epoc-pe-gcc" that to "gcc", so if
I at least could make "thumb-epoc-pe-gcc" work with distcc if would
be great. If I could make both calls work, it would be even better.

Regards
Alex