[distcc] Changing compiler name to thumb-epoc-pe-gcc

Martin Pool mbp at samba.org
Thu Feb 12 23:33:13 GMT 2004

On 12 Feb 2004, Alexander.Farber at nokia.com wrote:

> when trying to compile Symbian OS, there are few gcc
> calls, but much more thumb-epoc-pe-gcc calls. Provided
> that the compiler is always called explicitly on the
> client side, i.e. with "distcc thumb-epoc-pe-gcc ...",
> what functions should I modify to change the compiler
> name on the client and on the server side please?

Hi,

I'm not sure I understand your question, so if this doesn't work let
me know.

I don't think you need any changes to distcc.

Can't you just make a masquerade link from

  /usr/local/lib/distcc/thumb-epoc-pe-gcc -> /usr/local/bin/distcc

Put that on your path and get the build system (make or whatever) to
call thumb-epoc-pe-gcc.  This will call distcc because of the symlink,
and distcc will use the invocation name as the remote compiler.

I think for cross builds it's always better to use the full name;
there's too much potential for confusion otherwise.

Cheers,