[distcc] avoiding work

Benoit Poulot-Cazajous Benoit.Poulot-Cazajous at Jaluna.COM
Fri Jan 30 09:48:28 GMT 2004

Wayne Davison <wayned at samba.org> writes:

> On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 08:31:40AM -0500, Benjamin S. Scarlet wrote:
> > It seems to me that it _might_ be possible to get more for less by
> > hooking distcc into gcc differently, at the expense of not distributing
> > the assembly.
>
> There's a project attempting to do that here:
>
>     http://freshmeat.net/projects/cachecc1/
>
> I haven't looked at it at all, so I have no idea how well it works.
> (The page says "Beta".)

Well, it is a beta because I published it only a few months ago.
It has been working "privately" for about two years.
I plan to release a new version of cachecc1 that interfaces with
distcc in a few days.

> The cachecc1 site appears to be down at the moment, though...

Yes. tuxfamily.org has been "hacked" :-(
A mirror of the site is available at :
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/benoit.poulot-cazajous/cachecc1/

  -- Benoit