[distcc] distcc-zeroconf (Apple Xcode)

Martin Pool mbp at samba.org
Fri Jan 23 01:48:16 GMT 2004

On 22 Jan 2004, Daniele Nicolucci <jollino at sogno.net> wrote:

> The problem actually lies in the fact that the rendezvous-enabled
> (zeroconf) version of distcc modified by Apple is veeery old:
> lene:~ jollino$ distcc --version
> distcc 2.0.1-zeroconf powerpc-apple-darwin7.0 (protocol 1) (default
> port 3632)
>   built Dec  9 2003 20:54:55
>
> I tried to see whether Apple had released back their rendezvous distcc
> patch, so that someone would include in newer versions, but it seems
> not. Am I wrong?

If you received distcc from Apple, then you according to the GPL they
must either have given you the source as well, or have given you

    a written offer, valid for at least three years, to give any third
    party, for a charge no more than your cost of physically
    performing source distribution, a complete machine-readable copy
    of the corresponding source code, to be distributed under the
    terms of Sections 1 and 2 above on a medium customarily used for
    software interchange

Did you?  If you got neither of these, Apple are violating the
licence.