[distcc] Improvement for the documentation of the monitoring interface

Frerich Raabe raabe at kde.org
Mon Sep 29 05:59:38 GMT 2003

Moin,

the attached patch improves the documentation of the interface which distcc
provides to let people write monitoring software for distcc cluster. The
patch consists of a tiny fix to the API documentation in state.h, and an
appendix chapter to the manual which hopefully gives a helpful introduction
for people interested in writing monitors for distcc clusters.

Note that the appendix chapter is likely to be incomplete, I only documented
the parts which I deemed useful for people pondering to write distcc
monitors, and which I used myself. It would be nice of people could proofread
the patch, and improve it where necessary.

Committing this patch makes it easier for people to develop software for
distcc, which is IMHO a goal worth aiming for. I for one wished I had some
kind of introduction like this when I wrote my distcc monitor.

- Frerich

--
"If you fail to adjust your notion of fairness to the reality of the Universe,
you will probably not be happy." - Paratima, of http://free-dc.org fame