[distcc] distcc 2.9 released

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Mon Jul 28 01:25:53 GMT 2003

On 27 Jul 2003, Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> On Jul 21, 2003, Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com> wrote:
>
> > 	http://dag.wieers.com/packages/distcc/distcc.spec
>
> I was going to take the opportunity of building 2.9 to add some
> improvements to my packages to make them contributable to Fedora
> (www.fedora.us), and then later into the Red Hat Linux Project, but
> then I found everything I wanted to improve was already there in your
> package, so I'm going to stop duplicating your work, and recommend
> your builds instead, if you don't mind.

Thank you for the kind words.

> It would be nice if you were interested in getting involved with
> Fedora and/or RHLP, maintaining distcc there.  Are you interested?

I'd like to be involved with RHLP (not only for distcc) but it's not clear
to me what RHLP actually consists of or how it will operate. Is there some
way of applying for a package ? ;)

PS If possible, the SPEC file should be in the tarball. But since it is
Red Hat centric, rpmbuild -ta might not work for other distros. So I'm not
sure if (and what) the solution to that will be. (distcc.rh.spec seems a
good idea)

Kind regards,