[distcc] --jobs

Lisa M. lisa at thedoh.com
Wed Jul 16 18:17:33 GMT 2003

On Wed, 2003-07-16 at 11:39, Jeff wrote:
> I'm confused by the documentation for --jobs, on the man page it says
> that "By default the concurrency is set proportionally to the number of
> processors on the machine". However on my one processor system, unless I
> explicitly add '--jobs 1' it seems to run more than compiler. I'm
> running in daemon mode, is there anything else I could be doing wrong?
> Is the proportion mentioned on the man page something other than 1:1?

>From the page for `distcc`:
HOST SPECIFICATIONS
HOST/LIMIT
A decimal limit can be added to any host specification to restrict the
number of jobs that this client will send to the machine. The limit
defaults to four per host, but may be further restricted by the server.
You should only need to increase this for servers with more than two
processors.

--
Regards,
-Lisa