[distcc] gcc bootstraps with distcc

Alexandre Oliva aoliva at redhat.com
Fri Jul 11 05:06:21 GMT 2003

On Jul 10, 2003, "Zack Weinberg" <zack at codesourcery.com> wrote:

> Yeah.  I vote always do it, too.

Fine, I'll do that.  As long as there's a way to disable it, I'm fine
with it.  I dislike that it will prevent legitimate uses of ccache and
make gcc different from all other compilers in this regard, but, heck,
I don't want to fight over this.  If there's an option to choose, one
way or the other, I'm happy with it.  Not needing -Mpwd to get distcc
to work is actually better for my purposes.  ccache will become less
useful, though, and this is quite unfortunate.

Any other changes you'd like me to make to this patch, before I post
the (hopefully) final version?