[distcc] [Fwd: "Busy" waiting when using distcc/ssh (and SMP question)]

Marcelo Matus mmatus at dinha.acms.arizona.edu
Tue Jul 8 01:54:52 GMT 2003

Thanks, I tried and it seems to be working,
but now there is another side effect.

 From time to time I get the following message:

  distcc[18470] (dcc_select_for_read) ERROR: IO timeout
  distcc[18470] (dcc_r_token_int) ERROR: read failed while waiting for
token "DONE"

and the compilation frooze.

In the local machine I can see two process running:

  18470 pts/0    S      0:00 distcc /usr/local/gcc-3.2.2/bin/g++ -pipe
-Wall -Wove
  18472 pts/0    S      0:00 /usr/bin/ssh remotemachine distccd --inetd

and in the remote machine, only the 'distccd' process is running.

Nothing else happens from there until I press Ctrl-C.

This is specially the case when I force several connection by using make
-jN,
where N is twice or larger the number of real machines.

Marcelo