[distcc] [Fwd: "Busy" waiting when using distcc/ssh (and SMP question)]

Marcelo Matus mmatus at dinha.acms.arizona.edu
Tue Jul 8 02:22:18 GMT 2003

it seems the timeout is comming from the io.c file:

-------------- io.c ----

const int timeout = 15;          /* seconds */

/**
 * @todo Perhaps only apply the timeout for initial connections, not when
 * doing regular IO.
 **/

the current timeout is too short for large compilations. If I use 150s, then
I have no problems. But, as the @todo says, maybe it is better
to have different timeouts for the initial connection
and the compilation.

Marcelo