[distcc] using distcc 2.7 on cygwin help

psksvp psksvp at ccs.neu.edu
Fri Jul 4 09:40:36 GMT 2003

May be this question has already been asked many time before, if you know
where can I get the answer, please point me.. basically I am looking for
info about running distcc on cygwin.

I have complied distcc without any problem, and install in on /usr/local/. I
have 2 other machines: one is win2k and other is winXP, running as host,
both is running exact the same version of cygwin.  On my main machine(winXP)
the following DISTCC_HOSTS env var is seted to 'localhost mercury spider'.
I started distccd on the 2 host machine with 'distccd --daemon'.

Now when I try to make my project, I get error 110 follow by 107. The
following is the snap-shot from the output
 psksvp at H2O /c/usr/devbin/rv2core
$ make
distcc -s -DI_WANT_DEBUG_INFO_ENABLE -c -I/usr/local/include -DUSING_GCC
/home/psksvp/MyCode/Common/
Win32DIB.cpp
make: *** [Win32DIB.o] Error 110

psksvp at H2O /c/usr/devbin/rv2core
$ gcc
gcc.exe: no input files

psksvp at H2O /c/usr/devbin/rv2core
$ make -j4
distcc -s -DI_WANT_DEBUG_INFO_ENABLE -c -I/usr/local/include -DUSING_GCC
/home/psksvp/MyCode/Common/
Win32DIB.cpp
distcc -s -DI_WANT_DEBUG_INFO_ENABLE -c -I/usr/local/include -DUSING_GCC
/home/psksvp/MyCode/Common/
Win32Socket.cpp
distcc -s -DI_WANT_DEBUG_INFO_ENABLE -c -march=i586 -malign-double -fomit-fr
ame-pointer -finline-fun
ctions -frerun-loop-opt -funroll-loops -I/usr/local/include -DUSING_GCC
/home/psksvp/MyCode/Common/A
dt.cpp
distcc -s -DI_WANT_DEBUG_INFO_ENABLE -c -march=i586 -malign-double -fomit-fr
ame-pointer -finline-fun
ctions -frerun-loop-opt -funroll-loops -I/usr/local/include -DUSING_GCC
/home/psksvp/MyCode/Common/G
raphics2D.cpp
make: *** [Win32Socket.o] Error 110
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make: *** [Adt.o] Error 110
make: *** [Win32DIB.o] Error 107