[distcc] using distcc 2.7 on cygwin help

Martin Pool mbp at samba.org
Mon Jul 7 02:50:21 GMT 2003

On  4 Jul 2003, psksvp <psksvp at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
> May be this question has already been asked many time before, if you know
> where can I get the answer, please point me.. basically I am looking for
> info about running distcc on cygwin.
>
> I have complied distcc without any problem, and install in on /usr/local/. I
> have 2 other machines: one is win2k and other is winXP, running as host,
> both is running exact the same version of cygwin.  On my main machine(winXP)
> the following DISTCC_HOSTS env var is seted to 'localhost mercury spider'.
> I started distccd on the 2 host machine with 'distccd --daemon'.
>
> Now when I try to make my project, I get error 110 follow by 107. The
> following is the snap-shot from the output

110 is EXIT_COMPILER_MISSING, 107 is EXIT_IO_ERROR.

You should have got an error message as well.  Perhaps you have
DISTCC_LOG set?  If so, have a look in that file.

Perhaps the compiler is not installed in the right path on the server.

By default, distcc uses a compiler name of "cc".  You may want to say
"distcc gcc" instead, if there is not compiler called "cc" on your
machines.